Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing high quality legal services to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us improve our standards
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaints, contact us with the details.
What will happend next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. We will respond within a week of us recieving your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and open a separate file for your complaint. We will do this within a day of receiving your complaint.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps.
- We will pass your complaint to our Client Care partner within three working days. He/she will ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint within 5 working days.
- He/she will then examine their reply and the information in your complaint file and if necessary he/she may also speak to them. This will take up to three working days from receiving their reply and the file.
- Either the office manager or one of the lawyers will invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He/she will do this within a week.
- Within two working days of the meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions agreed with you. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include suggestions for resolving the matter, which will be done within five working days of completing the investigation.
- At this stage if you are still not satisfied you can contact us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following days.
- Another partner of the firm wil review the decision within 10 working dsys
- We may also ask another local firm of lawyers to review your complaint within 10 working days. We will let you know how long this process will take.
- We will invite you to agree to independent mediation within 10 working days. We will let you know how long this process will take.
- We will let you know the result of the review as soon as possible after the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explain our reasons.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.